LinkedIn is one of the most popular social media sites and professional networks, and with so many resources and connections, your small business should have a LinkedIn marketing strategy. With more than 660 million users in over 200 countries, LinkedIn provides non-stop quality content at your fingertips for personal and professional growth. As a small business owner, it’s a great platform to take advantage of.
One of the biggest perks of LinkedIn marketing is you don’t need to spend hours seeking out candidates to stay relevant. LinkedIn automatically generates your business listing as long as the user adds relevant experience or organizations, which is explained by LinkedIn here. In addition to its search engine, LinkedIn offers a plethora of benefits, but there are a few things you need to do before you launch your company page.
Before you dive in to LinkedIn Marketing
Similar to launching any professional page, you want to establish your presence first. You can accomplish this by first focusing on the information presented on your company page. It’s encouraged to add every detail necessary to your “about” section. Be sure to fill out all the sections – write a concise overview, link your business’ website, and categorize your industry. This information will help LinkedIn promote your business.
Next, you’ll want to follow relevant companies and make connections. As long as the companies are credible, the more, the better. Building connections will take the most time, but it is the most valuable component of LinkedIn. You can start by connecting with individuals at the companies you follow, personal connections you know that will be beneficial, and LinkedIn will take it from there by suggesting more.
Interact with the professionals that you connect with and engage with their content, after all, you must give to get.
Understanding the Benefits of LinkedIn Marketing
LinkedIn offers promising growth potential for your small business. It may not be as straightforward as Twitter or Instagram appear to be, but once you understand the features and how to leverage them, you’ll see positive results. Benefits include:
- Company story – Your company description is a chance to set yourself apart from your competitors and tell your audience the “why” behind your business. Here’s more information on how to tell your story on LinkedIn.
- Attract top talent – Find the right candidates for your business with more than half of all US adults with college degrees participating on LinkedIn. You can view their experience and credentials right then and there.
- Increase credibility – LinkedIn is an additional layer of credibility for your small business. By posting content on your business profile, you’re becoming a figure of authority in your industry.
- Insights tab – LinkedIn’s insights is a centralized hub that provides you useful information in the areas of people, industry, and advertising. This feature will help you immensely with your LinkedIn marketing strategy.
- Versatile content – Create various forms of shareable content, such as infographics, videos, webinars, podcasts, and more.
- Improved SEO – Google ranks active LinkedIn pages highly, which is great for SEO.
- More website traffic – By linking your business website to LinkedIn or simply posting an article, you’ll see an increase in traffic to your site
Final thoughts on LinkedIn Marketing
As a small business owner, participating in a network that showcases solely professional content and connections are extremely valuable. As is the case with all social media marketing strategies, it’s important to stay active on LinkedIn by sharing and posting content on a consistent basis. Once your company page is filled out and you’ve established connections, start putting your content out there. Join the 30 million companies that are already benefiting from LinkedIn.